A choice of employment resources
Employers have access to a diverse, educated labour force, highly experienced in a diverse range of industries and occupations.
The following local organizations will help you recruit qualified employees:
- Durham College Career Services provides job postings, internship opportunities and recruitment events.
- The University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT) Career Services advertises job postings, posts internship and/or co-op opportunities, provides information on campus job and career fairs, and conducts campus information and recruitment sessions.
- The Durham Region Employment Network (DREN) focuses on employment for people with barriers. DREN provides pre-screening services for resumes, assessments and interviewing for candidates.
- The Durham Region Unemployment Help Centre (DRUHC) operates an online job postings database and forwards prescreened resumes at no charge. Based on eligibility, some inital costs of training new employees may be offset.
- John Howard Society of Durham is an Employment Ontario funded service provider and provides free office space for mass hires/job fairs, training incentives/wage subsidy support for job placements, job posting services, job matching, participant and resume screening, flyer and ad development and distribution.
- Human Resources and Skills Development Canada offers staffing support information to assist companies.
- YMCA Durham Employment & Community offers job postings, job fairs, position matching between skills and job requirements, potential wage subsidies.