Professional & Technical Services
Who are the Players?
Whitby is in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), and is centrally located in Durham Region which is home to a growing cluster of Professional & Technical Consulting Services companies.
|AECOM||Professional, technical and management support|
|Barry Bryan Associates||Architecture, engineering, landscape architecture|
|Gamma Engineering||Civil and structural engineering|
|GHD||Consulting engineering and urban planning|
|Golder Associates||Civil/geotechnical and environmental consulting|
|JD Barnes Limited||Surveying, mapping and geographical information systems|
|McGraw-Hill Ryerson||Book publishers|
|Ontario Power Generation||Nuclear engineering|
|PGL Environmental Consultants||Environmental project management|
Professional and technical services companies choose Whitby because of its:
- Skilled labour force
- World-class education and training
- Unique facilities to support research
- Competitive business costs
- Access to high-speed broadband
- Convenient transportation links to Canadian, US and international markets
- Superior quality of life to attract and retain talent
- Available facilities for purchase or lease.
In addition, government programs and financial incentives for professional and technical services help offset hiring, job training, and research costs.
View our success stories and learn why several companies choose Whitby and Durham Region as their Community of Choice.
Contact Whitby's Economic Development Office for additional support or information.