Information & Communications Technology
Whitby is in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and is centrally located in Durham Region, home to a growing cluster of Information & Communication Technology (ICT) companies. Current ICT highlights include:
- 360insights.com - named one of Canada's fastest growing ICT companies, according to Deloitte's 2015 Technology Fast 500.
- Two students from the University of Ontario Institute of Technology's (UOIT) Game Development and Entrepreneurship program are listed in the credits of James Cameron's Avatar: The Game, developed by Ubisoft.
Whitby and Durham Region have attracted a diverse range of successful companies in the ICT industry.
|360insights.com||Channel incentives and analytics software|
|ClubIT||Managed IT services|
|Deighton Associates||Infrastructure asset management software|
|Digital Ink Technologies||Web design, search engine optimization, social media, graphic design|
|Geekspeak||E-commerce content development|
|Keyscan||Enterprise-wide access control solutions|
|Search Engine People||Canada's largest search marketing firm|
|Three Wise Men||Software development and consulting|
Whitby is home to a growing number of ICT companies. ICT companies choose Whitby because of its:
- Skilled Labour Force
- World-Class Education and Training
- Competitive Business Costs
- Access to High-Speed Broadband
- Convenient Transportation Links
- Superior Quality of Life to Attract and Retain Talent.
In addition, government programs and financial incentives for ICT companies help offset hiring, job training, export development and research costs.
View our success stories and learn why several ICT companies Choose Whitby and Durham Region to grow their business.
Contact Whitby's Economic Development Office for additional support or information.