A choice of flexible pick-up and delivery services
Businesses can deal directly with rail companies to pick up a container or truck load for shipment by rail, and arrange delivery by a local truck at the receiving end. Flexible intermodal services are becoming popular as a rail service, in direct competition to highway trucking. The three largest rail intermodal terminals in Canada are located within 34 km (21 miles) of Whitby in Vaughan and Brampton, Ontario.
Canadian Pacific (CP) Rail's Intermodal features are:
- Local truck pick-up; dry, heated or refrigerated containers
- Freight rail service throughout Canada, with connections to the US and Mexico
- An intermodal terminal in Vaughan, Ontario
CPR - Vaughan
9439 King's Highway 50
Vaughan, ON LOJ 1CO
Canadian National (CN) Rail's Intermodal features are:
- Ramp-to-ramp and door-to-door shipping in Canada and the US from CN-served ports
- A gateway to global trade with Asia and South America
- Intermodal terminals in Brampton, Ontario
The Brampton Intermodal Terminal (BIT) is Canada's largest intermodal terminal, handling close to 660,000 intermodal units annually.
CN - Brampton Intermodal Terminal (BIT)
30 Intermodal Drive
Brampton, ON L6T 5K1
Click on the image below to open and/or print the map.
CN Truck Lines' (CNTL) features are:
- Provides pick-up and delivery to and from intermodal terminals
- Import and export drayage to or from ports
- Just-in-time delivery options
CN Truck Lines