A choice location to major markets in Canada and U.S.
Whitby is situated close to a number of major 400 series highways. Highway 401 is a multi-lane freeway located in south Whitby, that provides access east to the Ontario-Quebec border and west to Windsor-Detroit, a stretch of over 800 km (500 miles). Highway 401 also provides links to major U.S. border points with connections to:
- I-75 serving Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia and Florida
- I-90 and I-91 serving New York and the eastern seaboard
- I-94 serving Illinois, Indiana, Iowa
Construction is currently underway for an extension of Highway 407, an Express Toll Route that will link to Highway 401 in Whitby via the West Durham Link. Construction is expected to be completed by 2015.
Click on the image below to open and/or print the map.
Other accessible highways in Whitby include:
- Highway 2 & 7- as an alternative route to Toronto and eastern destinations
- Highway 12 - as a gateway to northern cottage country and many towns and cities