The choice is yours for air travel and cargo shipping
Whitby is well situated to handle your air travel and air cargo shipping needs.
Toronto's Lester B. Pearson International Airport is 63 km away, with efficient connections throughout North America and overseas. The airport is the largest passenger/cargo airport in Canada with:
- Over 75 passenger and cargo commercial carriers
- Direct flights to over 100 destinations
- Ability to process 1 million metric tons of cargo annually
- 1.2 million square feet of on-airport warehouse space
- Excellent access to Ontario's major rail and highway network
- Five runways to handle all aircraft types
- 24/7 customs clearance
Oshawa Airport is adjacent to Whitby and offers:
- Cargo and charter passenger services within Canada
- A state-of-the-art 16,000 square foot passenger terminal
- Customs Canada service for freight and passenger clearance
- US Customs service
Toronto Island Airport is 57 km west of Whitby, and offers daily service to many Canadian and US cities. Toronto Island Airport:
- Serves Porter Airlines and charter helicopter and aircraft
- Offers Porter services to Washington, New York, Chicago, Toronto, Montreal, Quebec City, Ottawa and Halifax
Future Pickering Airport - Transport Canada is planning an airport in Pickering, with construction slated to begin in 2027. The airport will drive development, attract jobs and industry to the Durham Region.
The Whitby map below shows the Town within the context of Lester B. Pearson International Airport, Oshawa Airport, Toronto's Island Airport, the future Pickering Airport and its proximity to neighbouring cities and highway networks.
Click on the image below to open and/or print the map.